What you want from a relationship depends on your situation.
What is your situation?
People at different life stages have very different needs in relationships. It helps avoid hurt down the track if you understand what you want:
- long-term commitment and marriage?
- open to seeing what happens?
- a friendship or companion?
- casual sex?
Whatever you want from a new relationship, there are a number of things to consider if you want it to work out:
- how you communicate
- your physical and emotional safety
- showing respect and being respected.